By Phil Jones,James Evans
- Dr David Jarvis, Coventry college and Deputy Director, utilized learn Centre in Sustainable Regeneration (SURGE)
"An obtainable textual content for college kids that gives a very good precis of the demanding situations dealing with the united kingdom regeneration zone as much as and together with the current age of austerity."
- Dr Lee Pugalis tuition of outfitted atmosphere, Northumbria University
An enticing, systematic consultant to the main dramatic transformation of our city panorama for the reason that post-war reconstruction. This new version has been absolutely revised to include:
- Improved pedagogical good points, together with an improved word list and elevated visuals, in addition to key studying issues, important web pages and recommendations for extra reading
- More content material on neighborhood sustainability and matters associated with weather change
- A new bankruptcy, 'Scaling Up', which examines how regeneration operates whilst contemplating very huge schemes, similar to the London 2012 Olympics.
Jones and Evans draw jointly a mass of data round key subject matters in governance, sustainability, festival and layout - from coverage studies to educational reviews - right into a unmarried coherent textual content, making this crucial analyzing for someone learning or operating within the box of city regeneration and planning.
Read or Download Urban Regeneration in the UK: Boom, Bust and Recovery PDF
Best urban planning & development books
This e-book, first released in 1985, presents an outline of source administration, including a geographical remedy of actual, panorama and social assets. Drawing on British, ecu and North American fabric, the e-book has 3 major ambitions: to supply an built-in overview of the agricultural source procedure, to isolate capability and real conflicts among assets within the nation-state because of distinct case reviews, and to discover a number of large administration suggestions and their applicability to differing kinds of source use and source clash.
Allein im Raum Halle/Leipzig und der Lausitz wurden etwa 30 Braunkohlentagebaue und ninety Kraftwerks- und Veredlungsstandorte seit Anfang der 1990er Jahre saniert mit dem Ziel, Umweltschäden zu beseitigen und die Landschaft wiederherzustellen. Vertreter aus Behörden und Hochschulen, Sanierungsunternehmen und Planungsbüros erläutern die eigens dafür entwickelten Technologien, sie beschreiben die Managementstrukturen und ihre Erfahrungen bei der Sanierung des stillgelegten Braunkohlenbergbaus.
This ebook is one out of eight IAEG XII Congress volumes and bargains with weather switch affecting diversified usual procedures and environments, resembling slope dynamics, water classes, coastal and marine environments, hydrological and littoral approaches and permafrost terrain. because of weather switch, significant results also are anticipated on territorial making plans and infrastructure, quite in severe weather areas.
Time table surroundings and Public coverage in Africa examines how choice makers have controlled and mismanaged public coverage matters in sub-Saharan Africa. It analyses the missed factor of the way principles approximately public coverage are generated, through whom and for what function. continual difficulties resembling political instability, environmental pollutants, famine, starvation, desertification, rent-seeking and constant intra-conflicts around the continent are explored in a scientific and established demeanour.
- Making a Better World: Public Housing, the Red Scare, and the Direction of Modern Los Angeles
- The Invention of Brownstone Brooklyn: Gentrification and the Search for Authenticity in Postwar New York
- Water and the City: Risk, Resilience and Planning for a Sustainable Future (Natural and Built Environment Series)
- Understanding housing policy (second edition) (Understanding Welfare: Social Issues, Policy and Practice)
- Urban-Rural Interactions: Towns as Focus Points in Rural Development (Contributions to Economics)
Additional info for Urban Regeneration in the UK: Boom, Bust and Recovery
Urban Regeneration in the UK: Boom, Bust and Recovery by Phil Jones,James Evans