By David Banister
Read or Download Transport Policy and the Environment PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
This ebook, first released in 1985, offers an outline of source administration, including a geographical remedy of actual, panorama and social assets. Drawing on British, eu and North American fabric, the e-book has 3 major goals: to supply an built-in evaluate of the agricultural source procedure, to isolate power and genuine conflicts among assets within the nation-state using unique case reports, and to discover a variety of wide administration concepts and their applicability to different types of source use and source clash.
Allein im Raum Halle/Leipzig und der Lausitz wurden etwa 30 Braunkohlentagebaue und ninety Kraftwerks- und Veredlungsstandorte seit Anfang der 1990er Jahre saniert mit dem Ziel, Umweltschäden zu beseitigen und die Landschaft wiederherzustellen. Vertreter aus Behörden und Hochschulen, Sanierungsunternehmen und Planungsbüros erläutern die eigens dafür entwickelten Technologien, sie beschreiben die Managementstrukturen und ihre Erfahrungen bei der Sanierung des stillgelegten Braunkohlenbergbaus.
This booklet is one out of eight IAEG XII Congress volumes and bargains with weather swap affecting diverse average approaches and environments, corresponding to slope dynamics, water classes, coastal and marine environments, hydrological and littoral procedures and permafrost terrain. as a result of weather switch, significant results also are anticipated on territorial making plans and infrastructure, rather in severe weather areas.
Schedule environment and Public coverage in Africa examines how determination makers have controlled and mismanaged public coverage concerns in sub-Saharan Africa. It analyses the missed factor of the way rules approximately public coverage are generated, through whom and for what function. power difficulties resembling political instability, environmental pollutants, famine, starvation, desertification, rent-seeking and relentless intra-conflicts around the continent are explored in a scientific and based demeanour.
- Constructing the Colonized Land: Entwined Perspectives of East Asia around WWII (Design and the Built Environment)
- Smart Cities: Governing, Modelling and Analysing the Transition
- Climate Change and Cities
- Environmental History of the Rhine-Meuse Delta: An ecological story on evolving human-environmental relations coping with climate change and sea-level rise
- The Corporate City: The American City as a Political Entity, 1800-1850: American City as a Political Entity, 1800-50 (Contributions in American History)
- Cities and Development: Volume 1 (Routledge Perspectives on Development)
Additional info for Transport Policy and the Environment
Transport Policy and the Environment by David Banister