By Mark Payne
Read Online or Download Theocritus and the Invention of Fiction PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised fiscal autonomy in basic terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once now not the executive determinant of women's fiscal actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a miles larger volume than formerly well-known.
What value does the voice or projected personality during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, making an allowance for either Latin and Greek authors from a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the themes which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Inhabited Spaces: Anglo-Saxon Constructions of Place (Toronto Anglo-Saxon Series)
- Catullus (Oxford Readings in Classical Studies)
- Talking about Laughter: and Other Studies in Greek Comedy
- Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).)
- Authoring the Past: History, Autobiography, and Politics in Medieval Catalonia
- Sin and Filth in Medieval Culture: The Devil in the Latrine (Routledge Studies in Medieval Literature and Culture)
Extra resources for Theocritus and the Invention of Fiction
Theocritus and the Invention of Fiction by Mark Payne