By Sophia A. McClennen,Alexandra Schultheis Moore
The Routledge spouse to Literature and Human Rights presents a complete, transnational, and interdisciplinary map to this rising box, delivering a extensive assessment of human rights and literature whereas offering cutting edge readings on key themes. the 1st of its variety, this quantity covers crucial matters and subject matters, inevitably crossing disciplines among the social sciences and arts. Sections cover:
- subjects, with items on subjectivity, humanity, identification, gender, universality, the actual, the body
- forms, traveling different methods human rights tales are crafted and shaped through the literary, the visible, the performative, and the oral
- contexts, tracing the improvement of the literature over the years and on the subject of particular areas and ancient events
- impacts, contemplating the ability and bounds of human rights literature, rhetoric, and visible culture
Drawn from many alternative worldwide contexts, the essays provide an excellent advent for these imminent the research of literature and human rights for the 1st time, searching for new insights and interdisciplinary views, or attracted to new instructions for destiny scholarship.
Contributors: Chris Abani, Jonathan E. Abel, Elizabeth S. Anker, Arturo Arias, Ariella Azoulay, Ralph Bauer, Anna Bernard, Brenda Carr Vellino, Eleni Coundouriotis, James Dawes, Erik Doxtader, Marc D. Falkoff, Keith P. Feldman, Elizabeth Swanson Goldberg, Audrey J. Golden, Mark Goodale, Barbara Harlow, Wendy S. Hesford, Peter Hitchcock, David Holloway, Christine Hong, Madelaine Hron, Meg Jensen, Luz Angélica Kirschner, Susan Maslan, Julie Avril Minich, Alexandra Schultheis Moore, Greg Mullins, Laura T. Murphy, Hanna Musiol, Makau Mutua, Zoe Norridge, David Palumbo-Liu, Crystal Parikh, Katrina M. Powell, Claudia Sadowski-Smith, Mark Sanders, Karen-Magrethe Simonsen, Joseph R. Slaughter, Sharon Sliwinski, Sidonie Smith, Domna Stanton, Sarah G. Waisvisz, Belinda Walzer, Ban Wang, Julia Watson, Gillian Whitlock and Sarah Winter.
Read or Download The Routledge Companion to Literature and Human Rights (Routledge Literature Companions) PDF
Best freedom & security books
Many theoretical guides make assumptions in regards to the evidence of globalization, and specifically in regards to the position and autonomy of the state nation. those real claims and assumptions frequently play a big function in justifying the normative conclusions, but stay under-explored. This interdisciplinary quantity examines questions which are crucial to the issues of either social and foreign justice, and particularly, to their interdependence:?
Because the finish of the chilly battle, there was an important switch in eastern safeguard coverage, as Japan’s protection identification has shifted from a peace country, to a global kingdom. during this publication, Bhubhindar Singh argues that from the Nineties onwards, the japanese defense policymaking elite well-known that its previous method of safety coverage which used to be inspired by means of the peace-state defense identification used to be now not applicable.
The CIA offered Victor Sheymov the top intelligence medal for the prone he rendered to the U.S.. but for the 10 years that he and his kin remained below deep disguise, unbeknownst to the KGB, operating on the optimum degrees of the NSA and British Intelligence, the CIA itself became out to be Sheymov’s so much insidiously continual, and unsafe enemy.
Prior to the flip of the century, few states used immigration detention. this day, approximately each country worldwide has followed immigration detention coverage in a few shape. States perform detention as a method to handle either the accelerating numbers of individuals crossing their borders, and the populations dwelling of their states with out authorisation.
- Drones and the Future of Air Warfare: The Evolution of Remotely Piloted Aircraft (Cass Military Studies)
- Exploring Advanced Technologies for the Future Combat Systems Program
- Space Warfare: Strategy, Principles and Policy (Space Power and Politics)
- Making It Happen: Selected Case Studies of Institutional Reforms in South Africa (Directions in Development;Directions in Development - Public Sector Governance)
- Oil and Terrorism in the New Gulf: Framing U.S. Energy and Security Policies for the Gulf of Guinea
Extra info for The Routledge Companion to Literature and Human Rights (Routledge Literature Companions)
The Routledge Companion to Literature and Human Rights (Routledge Literature Companions) by Sophia A. McClennen,Alexandra Schultheis Moore