By Tim McNeese
- records how those waterways have been corridors for exploration, cultural trade, clash, migrations, exchange, and fiscal development
- Meets highschool social stories standards.
Read Online or Download The Rio Grande (Rivers in World History) PDF
Similar children's history nonfiction books
From the writer of Lincoln: A Photobiography, comes a clear-sighted, rigorously researched account of 2 unusually parallel lives and the way they intersected at a serious second in U. S. background. Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass have been either self-taught, either nice readers and believers within the significance of literacy, either males born terrible who via their very own efforts reached positions of energy and prominence—Lincoln as president of the us and Douglass because the most famed and influential African American of his time.
From April 1860 to October 1861, the mail carrier referred to as the horse convey operated among Saint Joseph, Missouri, and Sacramento, California. Cross-country mail supply that used to take 3 weeks was once lowered to ten days. At its peak, eighty riders weighing not more than one hundred twenty five kilos each one and four hundred to 500 horses carried the mail overland to a hundred stations averaging 25 miles aside.
The accomplice criminal often called Andersonville existed for less than the final fourteen months of the Civil War―but its well-documented legacy of horror has lived on within the diaries of its prisoners and the transcripts of the trial of its commandant. The diaries describe appalling stipulations within which vermin-infested males have been crowded into an open stockade with a unmarried befouled circulate as their water resource.
Autumn 1944. international struggle II is almost over in Europe, yet within the Pacific, American squaddies face an enemy who won't hand over, regardless of an enormous and mounting demise toll. in the meantime, in Los Alamos, New Mexico, Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer and his workforce of scientists are getting ready to check the deadliest weapon recognized to mankind.
- Eight Dragons on the Roof and Other Tales
- Empires of Medieval West Africa: Ghana, Mali, and Songhay (Great Empires of the Past)
- Outstanding Women in Public Administration: Leaders, Mentors, and Pioneers: Leaders, Mentors, and Pioneers
- The Green Line: The Division of Palestine : Political Boundaries in World History (Arbitrary Borders)
Additional resources for The Rio Grande (Rivers in World History)
The Rio Grande (Rivers in World History) by Tim McNeese