By Robert Shorrock,David Taylor
Read Online or Download The Myth of Paganism: Nonnus, Dionysus and the World of Late Antiquity (Classical Literature and Society) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that girls exercised monetary autonomy basically in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be no longer the executive determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much better quantity than formerly well-known.
What value does the voice or projected character during which a textual content is written have for our knowing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, making an allowance for either Latin and Greek authors from a variety of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the themes which lie on the vanguard of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- The Body in Late Medieval and Early Modern Culture
- Marquard von Lindau and the Challenges of Religious Life in Late Medieval Germany: The Passion, the Eucharist, the Virgin Mary (Oxford Modern Languages and Literature Monographs)
- Prescribing Ovid: The Latin Works and Networks of the Enlightened Dr Heerkens
- Les clefs des textes médiévaux: Pouvoir, savoir et interprétation (Interférences) (French Edition)
- Oxford Readings in Aeschylus (Oxford Readings in Classical Studies)
- Rethinking Roman Alliance: A Study in Poetics and Society
Additional resources for The Myth of Paganism: Nonnus, Dionysus and the World of Late Antiquity (Classical Literature and Society)
The Myth of Paganism: Nonnus, Dionysus and the World of Late Antiquity (Classical Literature and Society) by Robert Shorrock,David Taylor