By MArk Hazard
Read Online or Download The Literal Sense and the Gospel of John in Late Medieval Commentary and Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that ladies exercised fiscal autonomy basically in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be now not the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a much higher volume than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, making an allowance for either Latin and Greek authors from a variety of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with lots of the themes which lie on the leading edge of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- The Rhetoric of Seeing in Attic Forensic Oratory
- The Passing of Arthur: New Essays in Arthurian Tradition (Routledge Library Editions: Arthurian Literature)
- Race and Ethnicity in Anglo-Saxon Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Cicero Pro Milone: A Selection
- When Aseneth Met Joseph: A Late Antique Tale of the Biblical Patriarch and His Egyptian Wife, Reconsidered
- Greenery: Ecocritical readings of late medieval English literature (Manchester Medieval Literature and Culture MUP)
Extra info for The Literal Sense and the Gospel of John in Late Medieval Commentary and Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
The Literal Sense and the Gospel of John in Late Medieval Commentary and Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture) by MArk Hazard