By A. P. David
Read Online or Download The Dance of the Muses: Choral Theory and Ancient Greek Poetics PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that girls exercised financial autonomy simply in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be no longer the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a miles higher volume than formerly well-known.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our figuring out of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, bearing in mind either Latin and Greek authors from a number of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: stories in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with lots of the themes which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Latein am Rhein: Zur Kulturtopographie und Literaturgeographie eines europäischen Stromes (Frühe Neuzeit) (German Edition)
- Experiencing Hektor: Character in the Iliad
- The Poetics of Appropriation: The Literary Theory and Practice of Huang Tingjian
- Robin Hood in Outlaw/ed Spaces: Media, Performance, and Other New Directions (Outlaws in Literature, History, and Culture)
- Fragments for a History of a Vanishing Humanism (Interventions: New Studies Medieval Cult)
- Lacan's Medievalism
Additional resources for The Dance of the Muses: Choral Theory and Ancient Greek Poetics
The Dance of the Muses: Choral Theory and Ancient Greek Poetics by A. P. David