By Robert Graves
Read Online or Download The Comedies of Terence PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that ladies exercised fiscal autonomy simply in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once now not the executive determinant of women's fiscal actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much larger volume than formerly well-known.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, taking into consideration either Latin and Greek authors from a variety of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine traits: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, excessive dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the themes which lie on the vanguard of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Terence and the Verb 'To Be' in Latin (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Gonzalo de Berceo and the Latin Miracles of the Virgin: A Translation and a Study
- Mischungsverhältnisse: Naturphilosophisches Wissen und die Elementenlehre in der Literatur des 13. Jahrhunderts (Hermaea. Neue Folge) (German Edition)
- William Langland's Piers Plowman: A Book of Essays (Garland Medieval Casebooks)
- English and Celtic in Contact (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics)
- Through A Classical Eye: Transcultural & Transhistorical Visions in Medieval English, Italian, and Latin Literature in Honour of Winthrop Wetherbee
Additional resources for The Comedies of Terence
The Comedies of Terence by Robert Graves