By Robert Kaster
Read or Download Studies on the Text of Macrobius' Saturnalia (American Philological Association American Classical Studies) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that girls exercised fiscal autonomy simply in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once no longer the executive determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a miles higher volume than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our knowing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from more than a few disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine traits: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with lots of the themes which lie on the leading edge of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- A Referential Commentary and Lexicon to Homer, Iliad VIII (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Following Zwingli: Applying the Past in Reformation Zurich (St. Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Scham und Schamlosigkeit (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition)
- New Heroes in Antiquity: From Achilles to Antinoos (Revealing Antiquity)
- The Literature of Wales (Pocket Guide)
- Handbook of Medieval Studies
Extra info for Studies on the Text of Macrobius' Saturnalia (American Philological Association American Classical Studies)
Studies on the Text of Macrobius' Saturnalia (American Philological Association American Classical Studies) by Robert Kaster