By Don Jacobs,Ashleigh Portales
This ebook faucets neuroscience and neuropsychology to supply challenging proof approximately mind stipulations and the habit that emerges from strong mind chemistry—a attention-grabbing learn for teens, mom and dad, and academics alike.
• Explains how complicated social feelings corresponding to love and desire can in basic terms come from foundational mind chemistry current at birth—the mind stipulations that force our variation and survival instincts
• Explores how a principal layout of gender-specific mind stipulations rooted in historical survival scripts offer yin-yang ameliorations that bring about the continuation of our species
• Discusses parenting—one of the main urgent wishes and issues of 21st-century life—from the viewpoint of neuroscience
• records how an realizing of the way human brains are stressed out will help produce survivors, thrivers, achievers, and innovators with no resorting to prescriptive medications
Read Online or Download Sexual Forensics: Lust, Passion, and Psychopathic Killers PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
This e-book examines a variety of healing ways utilized in prisons and different safe settings and explores the demanding situations in such paintings. The methods contain Cognitive-Behavioural remedy (CBT), Cognitive-Analytic treatment (CAT), Attachment-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Systemic Psychotherapy.
This can be the tale of Annette Morales Rodriguez, a hard-working unmarried mom of 3. it's also the tale of Lara, a psychopathic killer who kidnapped one other woman’s fetus, killing either mom and child. Unbeknownst to Annette, Lara is part of her: a dissociative id, or cut up character, shaped to assist Annette take care of the sexual abuse she persevered as a baby.
The guide of Eyewitness Psychology offers a survey of study and criminal critiques from foreign specialists at the quickly increasing clinical literature addressing the accuracy and barriers of eyewitnesses as a resource of facts for the courts. For the 1st time, vast experiences of things influencing witnesses of every age – youngsters, adults, and the aged – are compiled in one pair of volumes.
This critique explodes the stereotypical assumption that males are extra providers than girls to aggression A cogent and holistic review of the theoretical positions and learn referring to woman aggression Examines the therapy, punishment and neighborhood reaction to girl competitive habit Examines themes together with sexual energy, serial homicide and the evolution of gendered aggression Treats lady aggression in its personal correct instead of as a counterpart to male violence
- Handbook of Forensic Mental Health with Victims and Offenders: Assessment, Treatment, and Research (Springer Series on Social Work)
- Forensic Reports and Testimony: A Guide to Effective Communication for Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Listening to Killers: Lessons Learned from My Twenty Years as a Psychological Expert Witness in Murder Cases
- Forensic Uses of Clinical Assessment Instruments
Additional resources for Sexual Forensics: Lust, Passion, and Psychopathic Killers
Sexual Forensics: Lust, Passion, and Psychopathic Killers by Don Jacobs,Ashleigh Portales