By C. Cyrus
Read or Download Received Medievalisms: A Cognitive Geography of Viennese Women’s Convents (The New Middle Ages) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that ladies exercised monetary autonomy merely in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once no longer the executive determinant of women's fiscal actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a miles higher quantity than formerly famous.
What value does the voice or projected personality during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from more than a few disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: stories in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the issues which lie on the vanguard of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Re-Imagining Nature: Environmental Humanities and Ecosemiotics
- Dichtung und Didaxe (German Edition)
- The Twelfth-Century Renaissance: A Reader (Readings in Medieval Civilizations and Cultures)
- The Signifying Power of Pearl: Medieval Literary and Cultural Contexts for the Transformation of Genre
- Rewriting the Old Testament in Anglo-Saxon Verse: Becoming the Chosen People (New Directions in Religion and Literature)
Additional info for Received Medievalisms: A Cognitive Geography of Viennese Women’s Convents (The New Middle Ages)
Received Medievalisms: A Cognitive Geography of Viennese Women’s Convents (The New Middle Ages) by C. Cyrus