By Norman S. Miller
- Focused totally on alcohol and drug addictions
- Case experiences and landmark instances are incorporated to demonstrate the position of alcohol/drugs in felony judgements (e.g., the Exxon Valdez case)
- Brief assessment of criminal procedure and drug courts could be beneficial to clinicans, legal professionals, directors, and different professionals
Read or Download Principles of Addictions and the Law: Applications in Forensic, Mental Health, and Medical Practice PDF
Best forensic psychology books
This booklet examines quite a number healing ways utilized in prisons and different safe settings and explores the demanding situations in such paintings. The ways contain Cognitive-Behavioural remedy (CBT), Cognitive-Analytic treatment (CAT), Attachment-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Systemic Psychotherapy.
This is often the tale of Annette Morales Rodriguez, a hard-working unmarried mom of 3. it's also the tale of Lara, a psychopathic killer who kidnapped one other woman’s fetus, killing either mom and child. Unbeknownst to Annette, Lara is part of her: a dissociative id, or cut up character, shaped to aid Annette care for the sexual abuse she continued as a baby.
The guide of Eyewitness Psychology offers a survey of analysis and felony reviews from overseas specialists at the speedily increasing clinical literature addressing the accuracy and barriers of eyewitnesses as a resource of facts for the courts. For the 1st time, vast reports of things influencing witnesses of every age – little ones, adults, and the aged – are compiled in one pair of volumes.
This critique explodes the stereotypical assumption that males are extra providers than ladies to aggression A cogent and holistic review of the theoretical positions and study touching on woman aggression Examines the remedy, punishment and neighborhood reaction to girl competitive habit Examines subject matters together with sexual energy, serial homicide and the evolution of gendered aggression Treats woman aggression in its personal correct instead of as a counterpart to male violence
- Rape: Challenging Contemporary Thinking
- What Works in Offender Rehabilitation: An Evidence-Based Approach to Assessment and Treatment
- Murder: A Psychotherapeutic Investigation (The Forensic Psychotherapy Monograph Series)
- Writing Reports for Court: An International Guide for Psychologists Who Work in the Criminal Jurisdiction
- Systemic Supervision: A Portable Guide for Supervision Training
- Psychology in Probation Services (Forensic Practice series)
Extra info for Principles of Addictions and the Law: Applications in Forensic, Mental Health, and Medical Practice
Principles of Addictions and the Law: Applications in Forensic, Mental Health, and Medical Practice by Norman S. Miller