By Genevieve Liveley
Ovid's 'Metamorphoses': A Reader's Guide is the fitting better half to this epic classical textual content supplying advice on:
• Literary, ancient and cultural context
• Key themes
• interpreting the text
• Reception and influence
• extra analyzing
Read or Download Ovid's 'Metamorphoses': A Reader's Guide (Reader's Guides) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised financial autonomy purely in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be no longer the executive determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much higher quantity than formerly well-known.
What value does the voice or projected character within which a textual content is written have for our knowing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, taking into consideration either Latin and Greek authors from various disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the themes which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- The Mirroure of the Worlde: A Middle English Translation of the Miroir de Monde (Medieval Academy Books)
- R. O. A. M. Lyne: Collected Papers on Latin Poetry
- Ich und sie, du und ich: Vom Minnelied zum Liebeslied (Wolfgang Stammler Gastprofessur für Germanische Philologie) (German Edition)
- Tolkien the Medievalist (Routledge Studies in Medieval Religion and Culture)
Additional info for Ovid's 'Metamorphoses': A Reader's Guide (Reader's Guides)
Ovid's 'Metamorphoses': A Reader's Guide (Reader's Guides) by Genevieve Liveley