By Robert D. Richardson
Deftly and eloquently recounting in flip the lifestyles tales of Khayyam and FitzGerald, linking them over the span of 8 centuries, acclaimed biographer Robert Richardson has crafted the tale of the mythical Rubaiyat itself, illuminating a literary vintage and reinforcing its position within the canon of significant global literature.
Read Online or Download Nearer the Heart's Desire: Poets of the Rubaiyat: A Dual Biography of Omar Khayyam and Edward FitzGerald PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised fiscal autonomy in simple terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once no longer the manager determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much better quantity than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, taking into consideration either Latin and Greek authors from a variety of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, excessive dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the subject matters which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Leisured Resistance: Villas, Literature and Politics in the Roman World (Classical Essays)
- Dante's Journey to Polyphony (Toronto Italian Studies (Paperback))
- The Pleasant Nights - Volume 1 (Lorenzo Da Ponte Italian Library)
- The Gnostic Paradigm: Forms of Knowing in English Literature of the Late Middle Ages (The New Middle Ages)
- Plinius und seine Klassiker: Studien zur literarischen Zitation in den Pliniusbriefen (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde) (German Edition)
- Neidhart und die Neidhart-Lieder: Ein Handbuch (De Gruyter Reference) (German Edition)
Additional resources for Nearer the Heart's Desire: Poets of the Rubaiyat: A Dual Biography of Omar Khayyam and Edward FitzGerald
Nearer the Heart's Desire: Poets of the Rubaiyat: A Dual Biography of Omar Khayyam and Edward FitzGerald by Robert D. Richardson