By Clare Costley King'oo
Read or Download Miserere Mei: The Penitential Psalms in Late Medieval and Early Modern England (ReFormations: Medieval and Early Modern) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised monetary autonomy merely in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once no longer the manager determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a much larger quantity than formerly famous.
What value does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from more than a few disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the subject matters which lie on the leading edge of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Palimpsest of Consciousness: Authorial Annotations of My Wife the Metaphysician, or Lady Murasaki's Revenge
- The Chronicle of Prussia by Nicolaus von Jeroschin: A History of the Teutonic Knights in Prussia, 1190–1331 (Crusade Texts in Translation)
- Kindler Kompakt: Literatur der Antike (German Edition)
- Medieval Crossover: Reading the Secular against the Sacred (The Conway Lectures in Medieval Studies)
- The Orphic Hymns
- Debate and Dialogue: Alain Chartier in His Cultural Context (Oxford Modern Languages and Literature Monographs)
Extra resources for Miserere Mei: The Penitential Psalms in Late Medieval and Early Modern England (ReFormations: Medieval and Early Modern)
Miserere Mei: The Penitential Psalms in Late Medieval and Early Modern England (ReFormations: Medieval and Early Modern) by Clare Costley King'oo