By J. A. Burrow
literature's afterlife nowa days. It exhibits that the literature of authors comparable to Chaucer, Gower, and Langland is extra easily available than frequently imagined, and worth interpreting too. by way of putting medieval writers of their ancient context - the 4 centuries among the Norman Conquest
and the Renaissance - Professor Burrow explains not just how they wrote, yet why.
Read Online or Download Medieval Writers and their Work: Middle English Literature 1100-1500 PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised fiscal autonomy in simple terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once no longer the manager determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a miles better volume than formerly well-known.
What value does the voice or projected character during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine traits: stories in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the issues which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Rethinking Chaucerian Beasts (The New Middle Ages)
- Lachen und Schweigen: Grenzen und Lizenzen der Kommunikation in der Erzählliteratur des Mittelalters (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition)
- Parrots and Nightingales: Troubadour Quotations and the Development of European Poetry (The Middle Ages Series)
- The Life and Times of Po Chü-i: Volume 22 (China: History, Philosophy, Economics)
- Persecution and the Art of Writing
- Readers and Writers in Ovid's Heroides: Transgressions of Genre and Gender
Extra resources for Medieval Writers and their Work: Middle English Literature 1100-1500
Medieval Writers and their Work: Middle English Literature 1100-1500 by J. A. Burrow