By Henry J. M. Day
Read Online or Download Lucan and the Sublime (Cambridge Classical Studies) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that girls exercised financial autonomy in simple terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be no longer the manager determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a miles higher volume than formerly well-known.
What importance does the voice or projected character within which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, bearing in mind either Latin and Greek authors from a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the themes which lie on the leading edge of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Ich und sie, du und ich: Vom Minnelied zum Liebeslied (Wolfgang Stammler Gastprofessur für Germanische Philologie) (German Edition)
- Lysistrate: Text, Übersetzung und Kommentar (Griechische Dramen) (German Edition)
- Representing Medieval Genders and Sexualities in Europe: Construction, Transformation, and Subversion, 600–1530
- Representing Judith in Early Modern French Literature (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- Old English Literature: A Guide to Criticism with Selected Readings (Blackwell Guides to Criticism)
- Babylon Under Western Eyes: A Study of Allusion and Myth
Additional info for Lucan and the Sublime (Cambridge Classical Studies)
Lucan and the Sublime (Cambridge Classical Studies) by Henry J. M. Day