By James Seaton
Read Online or Download Literary Criticism from Plato to Postmodernism: The Humanistic Alternative PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised fiscal autonomy merely in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be now not the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a much better quantity than formerly well-known.
What value does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our figuring out of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, taking into consideration either Latin and Greek authors from a number of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the issues which lie on the leading edge of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Life in Words: Essays on Chaucer, the Gawain-Poet, and Malory
- Revisiting the Poetic Edda: Essays on Old Norse Heroic Legend (Routledge Medieval Casebooks)
- Gender, Domesticity, and the Age of Augustus: Inventing Private Life (Oxford Studies in Classical Literature and Gender Theory)
- The Age of Robert Guiscard: Southern Italy and the Northern Conquest (The Medieval World)
- Gesamtregister: Band 7 (German Edition)
Extra resources for Literary Criticism from Plato to Postmodernism: The Humanistic Alternative
Literary Criticism from Plato to Postmodernism: The Humanistic Alternative by James Seaton