By John M. Fyler
Read or Download Language and the Declining World in Chaucer, Dante, and Jean de Meun (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that ladies exercised fiscal autonomy simply in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be now not the executive determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much better quantity than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected character during which a textual content is written have for our knowing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, bearing in mind either Latin and Greek authors from a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with many of the issues which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Politics, Religion and Political Theology (Boston Studies in Philosophy, Religion and Public Life)
- Ovid: A Poet on the Margins (Classical World)
- Cretan Women: Pasiphae, Ariadne, and Phaedra in Latin Poetry (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Through the Daemon's Gate: Kepler's Somnium, Medieval Dream Narratives, and the Polysemy of Allegorical Motifs (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Narrative, Intertext, and Space in Euripides' "Phoenissae" (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
Additional info for Language and the Declining World in Chaucer, Dante, and Jean de Meun (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
Language and the Declining World in Chaucer, Dante, and Jean de Meun (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature) by John M. Fyler