By Rebecca Milne,Ray Bull
* stable easy perform and techniques for investigative interviewing
* the best way to care for fake confessions and unreliable or incomplete witness information
* the unique difficulties of interviewing young children and different weak people
* the method of interviewing suspects, sufferers, witnesses, complainants and colleagues
This booklet could be of curiosity and price to a variety of execs all for education and perform within the police or different organisations, in addition to social workers,lawyers, psychologists and psychiatrists eager about forensic paintings. "The power of this booklet lies in its relevance for either perform and study in investigative interviewing, not just in Britain yet across the world. according to mental conception and examine, it offers practitioners with a wealth of data and particular instructions to aid enhance their interviewing talents. Researchers are challenged to deal with the various, as but, unanswered questions." Janet Jackson, Netherlands Institute for the research of criminal activity and legislations Enforcement, Leiden, The Netherlands This e-book is released within the Wiley sequence within the Psychology of Crime, Policing and legislation sequence Editors: professor Professor Graham Davies college of Leicester, united kingdom, and Professor Ray Bull collage of Portsmouth, UK
Read or Download Investigative Interviewing: Psychology and Practice (Wiley Series in Psychology of Crime, Policing and Law) PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
This e-book examines a variety of healing methods utilized in prisons and different safe settings and explores the demanding situations in such paintings. The methods comprise Cognitive-Behavioural remedy (CBT), Cognitive-Analytic remedy (CAT), Attachment-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Systemic Psychotherapy.
This can be the tale of Annette Morales Rodriguez, a hard-working unmarried mom of 3. it's also the tale of Lara, a psychopathic killer who kidnapped one other woman’s fetus, killing either mom and child. Unbeknownst to Annette, Lara is part of her: a dissociative id, or break up character, shaped to aid Annette take care of the sexual abuse she persisted as a baby.
The guide of Eyewitness Psychology offers a survey of analysis and felony critiques from overseas specialists at the speedily increasing clinical literature addressing the accuracy and boundaries of eyewitnesses as a resource of facts for the courts. For the 1st time, vast reports of things influencing witnesses of every age – teenagers, adults, and the aged – are compiled in one pair of volumes.
This critique explodes the stereotypical assumption that males are extra services than girls to aggression A cogent and holistic overview of the theoretical positions and learn touching on lady aggression Examines the remedy, punishment and group reaction to woman competitive habit Examines subject matters together with sexual energy, serial homicide and the evolution of gendered aggression Treats woman aggression in its personal correct instead of as a counterpart to male violence
- Crime and Criminal Behavior (Key Issues in Crime and Punishment)
- Professional and Therapeutic Boundaries in Forensic Mental Health Practice (Forensic Focus)
- The Psychology of Violence in Adolescent Romantic Relationships
- Die Psychiatrie und das Recht - Abgrenzung und Brückenschlag: Jubiläumsschrift zum vierzigjährigen Bestehen der Abteilung für Forensische Psychiatrie der ... der Universität München (German Edition)
- Child Sexual Abuse: Disclosure, Delay, and Denial
- Psychic Assaults and Frightened Clinicians: Countertransference in Forensic Settings (The Forensic Psychotherapy Monograph Series)
Additional resources for Investigative Interviewing: Psychology and Practice (Wiley Series in Psychology of Crime, Policing and Law)
Investigative Interviewing: Psychology and Practice (Wiley Series in Psychology of Crime, Policing and Law) by Rebecca Milne,Ray Bull