By M. S. Silk
Read or Download Homer: The Iliad (Landmarks of World Literature (New)) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised fiscal autonomy in simple terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be no longer the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a miles larger volume than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our figuring out of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, making an allowance for either Latin and Greek authors from various disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine traits: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the issues which lie on the leading edge of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Canidia, Rome’s First Witch (Bloomsbury Classical Studies Monographs)
- Llên yr Uchelwyr: Hanes Beirniadol Llenyddiaeth Gymraeg 1300-1525 (Welsh Edition)
- The Age of Robert Guiscard: Southern Italy and the Northern Conquest (The Medieval World)
- Apuleius and Drama: The Ass on Stage (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Demosthenes, Speeches 1-17 (Oratory of Classical Greece)
- Palimpsest of Consciousness: Authorial Annotations of My Wife the Metaphysician, or Lady Murasaki's Revenge
Extra info for Homer: The Iliad (Landmarks of World Literature (New))
Homer: The Iliad (Landmarks of World Literature (New)) by M. S. Silk