By Monika Otter
Read Online or Download Goscelin of St Bertin: The Book of Encouragement and Consolation [Liber Confortatorius] (Library of Medieval Women) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that ladies exercised financial autonomy basically in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be now not the manager determinant of women's fiscal actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a much larger quantity than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, taking into consideration either Latin and Greek authors from a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with many of the themes which lie on the vanguard of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Hellenistic Studies at a Crossroads: Exploring Texts, Contexts and Metatexts (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- Sophocles' Tragic World: Divinity, Nature, Society
- Death in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Times: The Material and Spiritual Conditions of the Culture of Death (Fundamentals of Medieval and Early Modern Culture)
- Das europäische Mittelalter – ein eurasisches Mittelalter? (Das mittelalterliche Jahrtausend) (German Edition)
- Stealing Helen: The Myth of the Abducted Wife in Comparative Perspective
Extra info for Goscelin of St Bertin: The Book of Encouragement and Consolation [Liber Confortatorius] (Library of Medieval Women)
Goscelin of St Bertin: The Book of Encouragement and Consolation [Liber Confortatorius] (Library of Medieval Women) by Monika Otter