By Wright,F. A. (Frederick Adam)
Read or Download Feminism in Greek Literature From Homer to Aristotle PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that ladies exercised financial autonomy basically in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be no longer the executive determinant of women's fiscal actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much larger volume than formerly famous.
What value does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our figuring out of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from a number of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: stories in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, excessive dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the issues which lie on the vanguard of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- The Cold Counsel: The Women in Old Norse Literature and Myth (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
- Virgil's Ascanius: Imagining the Future in the Aeneid (Cambridge Classical Studies)
- The Cambridge Companion to Bede (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Sea of Silk: A Textile Geography of Women's Work in Medieval French Literature (The Middle Ages Series)
- Virgil Recomposed: The Mythological and Secular Centos in Antiquity (American Philological Association American Classical Studies)
Extra resources for Feminism in Greek Literature From Homer to Aristotle
Feminism in Greek Literature From Homer to Aristotle by Wright,F. A. (Frederick Adam)