By Naomi Hodgson
Within Citizenship for the educational Society, the governance of the educational citizen is mapped when it comes to ecu academic and cultural coverage. standard notions of voice and narrative - in coverage and in academic study - are analysed when it comes to Europe’s history.
- The textual content is worried with the best way ‘European citizenship’ is known in present coverage, the way the time period ‘citizenship’ operates, and the way studying is important to this
- Analysis combines academic philosophy and concept with anthropological, sociological, and vintage philosophical literature
- Draws on either Continental ecu (Foucault, Deleuze, Heidegger, Levinas) and American (Cavell, Emerson, Thoreau) philosophy
- Material is organised in elements: half One discusses the discourses and practices of citizenship within the ecu studying society, in either academic and cultural coverage and academic study, from the point of view of governmentality; half offers research of specific elements of this discourse
Read Online or Download Citizenship for the Learning Society: Europe, Subjectivity, and Educational Research (Journal of Philosophy of Education) PDF
Similar history & surveys on philosophy books
Philosophers on Race provides a brand new size to present study on race concept by way of interpreting the old roots of the concept that within the works of significant Western philosophers.
Anthony de Jasay's paintings has been greatly influential, describing either a theoretical philosophical version for a stateless, liberal, unfastened industry order and delivering research of and recommendations to the various technical fiscal difficulties linked to this sort of imaginative and prescient of society - so much significantly his paintings at the loose rider and his go back.
Julia Kristeva is among the such a lot artistic and prolific writers to handle the non-public, social, and political trials of our occasions. Linguist, psychoanalyst, social and cultural theorist, and novelist, Kristeva's large interdisciplinary charm has impacted parts around the humanities and social sciences.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Philosophie - Epochenübergreifende Abhandlungen, notice: five (CH), Université de Fribourg - Universität Freiburg (Schweiz), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Bei dieser Arbeit handelt es sich um einen teilweise tabellarisch aufgebauten Vergleich von Senecas "De Ira" Thomas von Aquins "Passiones animae".
- An Illustrated Brief History of Western Philosophy
- Cold War Christians and the Spectre of Nuclear Deterrence, 1945-1959 (Histories of the Sacred and Secular, 1700-2000)
- Lehrbuch zur Einleitung in die Philosophie: Textkritisch revidierte Ausgabe (Philosophische Bibliothek 453) (German Edition)
- The Lead Books of Granada (Early Modern History: Society and Culture)
Extra info for Citizenship for the Learning Society: Europe, Subjectivity, and Educational Research (Journal of Philosophy of Education)
Citizenship for the Learning Society: Europe, Subjectivity, and Educational Research (Journal of Philosophy of Education) by Naomi Hodgson