By Stephanie Sanok Kostro
Read or Download Citizen-Soldiers in a Time of Transition: The Future of the U.S. Army National Guard (CSIS Reports) PDF
Best freedom & security books
Many theoretical courses make assumptions concerning the evidence of globalization, and particularly in regards to the position and autonomy of the country nation. those actual claims and assumptions usually play an immense position in justifying the normative conclusions, but stay under-explored. This interdisciplinary quantity examines questions which are relevant to the issues of either social and foreign justice, and specifically, to their interdependence:?
Because the finish of the chilly battle, there was an important swap in eastern safety coverage, as Japan’s safeguard identification has shifted from a peace country, to a world nation. during this booklet, Bhubhindar Singh argues that from the Nineteen Nineties onwards, the japanese protection policymaking elite famous that its prior method of defense coverage which used to be stimulated by way of the peace-state defense id was once not applicable.
The CIA presented Victor Sheymov the top intelligence medal for the providers he rendered to the USA. but for the 10 years that he and his relatives remained below deep conceal, unbeknownst to the KGB, operating on the maximum degrees of the NSA and British Intelligence, the CIA itself grew to become out to be Sheymov’s such a lot insidiously power, and hazardous enemy.
Sooner than the flip of the century, few states used immigration detention. this present day, approximately each nation worldwide has followed immigration detention coverage in a few shape. States perform detention as a method to deal with either the accelerating numbers of individuals crossing their borders, and the populations dwelling of their states with no authorisation.
- Security, Development and the Fragile State: Bridging the Gap between Theory and Policy (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- Protecting the Individual from International Authority: Human Rights in International Organizations
- 1962 and the McMahon Line Saga
- The Last Neighborhood Cops: The Rise and Fall of Community Policing in New York Public Housing (Critical Issues in Crime and Society)
- Warriors in Peacetime: New Directions for US Policy The Military and Democracy in Latin America (Small Wars and Insurgencies)
- The Future of Turkish-Western Relations: Toward a Strategic Plan
Additional resources for Citizen-Soldiers in a Time of Transition: The Future of the U.S. Army National Guard (CSIS Reports)
Citizen-Soldiers in a Time of Transition: The Future of the U.S. Army National Guard (CSIS Reports) by Stephanie Sanok Kostro