By Rael Loon,Hélène Loon
• The mechanisms of flight – were you aware that albatrosses can fly hundreds of thousands of kilometres with no flapping their wings?
• difficult courtship rituals – were you aware that a few men provide women ‘nuptial presents’ of nutrients to reinforce the pair bond?
• Nests and nest construction – do you know that Sociable Weavers construct nest ‘mansions’ which could accommodate as much as 500 birds at one time?
• inventive options for survival – do you know that African Jacana chicks cover from predators by way of submerging themselves in water, leaving in basic terms their money owed sticking out?
• The mysteries of migration – learn how birds navigate utilizing the solar, the celebs and the magnetic box of the Earth.
Birds – the interior tale will inform you extra approximately those and lots of different interesting elements of the avian global. Richly illustrated with color pictures and finely precise illustrations that convey the topic to existence, this publication is certain to captivate fowl fans of all ages.
Read Online or Download Birds – The Inside Story: Exploring birds and their behaviour in southern Africa PDF
Similar birdwatching books
The panorama of england has been irreversibly replaced over the past century. smooth agriculture, city enlargement, and delivery have all left their mark, changing the face of the geographical region endlessly. moving with the altering scene, the fortunes of england and Ireland's fowl populations have fluctuated dramatically through the years.
Birds of Tropical the USA used to be released via Chapters Publishing in 1994 and went out of print in 1997. UT Press is happy to reissue it with a brand new epilogue and up to date references.
Antbirds and ovenbirds, of the 5 greatest households of birds came across in basic terms within the Western Hemisphere, were between Alexander Skutch's favorites for greater than six a long time. during this ebook, he attracts on years of observations to explain the existence cycle of those attention-grabbing birds, which inhabit Latin the USA from tropical Mexico to Tierra del Fuego.
That includes new images from Chicago’s well known box Museum, The booklet of Eggs explores six hundred examples at real dimension, along trend information, take hold of photos, breeding diversity maps, and engravings of all of the birds. A desk of field-guide details identifies order, family members, breeding diversity, nesting habitat, nest features, and conservation prestige.
- Man and Wildfowl (Poyser Monographs)
- Wedge-tailed Eagle (Australian Natural History)
- Cockatoos (Australian Natural History Series)
- Finding Birds in Australia's Northern Territory
- British Tits (Collins New Naturalist Library, Book 62)
Additional info for Birds – The Inside Story: Exploring birds and their behaviour in southern Africa
Birds – The Inside Story: Exploring birds and their behaviour in southern Africa by Rael Loon,Hélène Loon