By Jeffrey Jerome Cohen,Bonnie Wheeler
Read or Download Becoming Male in the Middle Ages (New Middle Ages) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that ladies exercised fiscal autonomy purely in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be now not the executive determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much better quantity than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected character within which a textual content is written have for our figuring out of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from quite a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: experiences in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the themes which lie on the leading edge of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- The Gentle, Jealous God: Reading Euripides' Bacchae in English (Bloomsbury Studies in Classical Reception)
- Medievalisms: Making the Past in the Present
- Aristophanes and the Carnival of Genres (Arethusa Books)
- The Emotions of the Ancient Greeks: Studies in Aristotle and Classical Literature (Robson Classical Lectures)
- El abad don Juan, señor de Montemayor.: La "historia" de un "cantar". (Medievalia Hispanica nº 16) (Spanish Edition)
- Rewriting Medieval Japanese Women: Politics, Personality, and Literary Production in the Life of Nun Abutsu
Additional info for Becoming Male in the Middle Ages (New Middle Ages)
Becoming Male in the Middle Ages (New Middle Ages) by Jeffrey Jerome Cohen,Bonnie Wheeler