By C.W. Marshall,Tom Hawkins,C. W. Marshall
This quantity deals the 1st expansive remedy of the reception of Athenian comedy within the Roman Empire. those engaged and fascinating experiences study the lasting impression of classical Athenian comedian drama. Demonstrating numerous methodologies and scholarly views, resources mentioned contain papyri, mosaics, degree heritage, epigraphy and a large variety of literature corresponding to dramatic works in Latin and Greek, together with verse satire, essays, and epistolary fiction.
Read Online or Download Athenian Comedy in the Roman Empire PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised financial autonomy in simple terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige used to be now not the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a miles larger quantity than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our knowing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, bearing in mind either Latin and Greek authors from a number of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reports in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the subject matters which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Seeing Through the Veil: Optical Theory and Medieval Allegory
- Reading in the Wilderness: Private Devotion and Public Performance in Late Medieval England
- By Steppe, Desert, and Ocean: The Birth of Eurasia
- Ancient and Medieval Theatre: A Historiographical Handbook
- Die 'Parzival'-Überlieferung am Ausgang des Manuskriptzeitalters: Handschriften der Lauberwerkstatt und der Straßburger Druck (Quellen Und Forschungen ... Und Kulturgeschichte) (German Edition)
- Greek Tragedy: Volume 7 (Routledge Classics)
Extra resources for Athenian Comedy in the Roman Empire
Athenian Comedy in the Roman Empire by C.W. Marshall,Tom Hawkins,C. W. Marshall