By Christina S. Kraus,John Marincola,Christopher Pelling
essays reflecting the pursuits and ways that experience typified Woodman's personal paintings. The authors that he has always illuminated - in particular Velleius, Horace, Virgil, Sallust, and Tacitus - determine fairly prominently.
Read Online or Download Ancient Historiography and Its Contexts: Studies in Honour of A. J. Woodman PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that ladies exercised fiscal autonomy purely in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once now not the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much higher volume than formerly famous.
What importance does the voice or projected personality during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from various disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine developments: experiences in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the subject matters which lie on the vanguard of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Virgil Recomposed: The Mythological and Secular Centos in Antiquity (American Philological Association American Classical Studies)
- Llên yr Uchelwyr: Hanes Beirniadol Llenyddiaeth Gymraeg 1300-1525 (Welsh Edition)
- Southern Identity and Southern Estrangement in Medieval Chinese Poetry
- Money, Morality, and Culture in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe
- Modernity's Classics (Transcultural Research – Heidelberg Studies on Asia and Europe in a Global Context)
Additional resources for Ancient Historiography and Its Contexts: Studies in Honour of A. J. Woodman
Ancient Historiography and Its Contexts: Studies in Honour of A. J. Woodman by Christina S. Kraus,John Marincola,Christopher Pelling