By Don Jacobs
An insightful publication providing state of the art details at the most up-to-date, such a lot extraordinary forensic technological know-how and strategies used for realizing the felony mind.
• A foreword by way of Dwight Adams, former director on the FBI Lab at Quantico
• 4 present autobiographical essays from an ongoing, 25-year research of adolescent behavior
• Illustrative vignettes from present information, popular culture, and literature
• mind photos of midbrain limbic method and prefrontal areas displaying modular and interconnection of chemical pathways that ignite emotions, pondering, and behavior
• A thesaurus of terms
• an intensive bibliography
Read Online or Download Analyzing Criminal Minds: Forensic Investigative Science for the 21st Century (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution) PDF
Best forensic psychology books
This e-book examines quite a number healing ways utilized in prisons and different safe settings and explores the demanding situations in such paintings. The techniques contain Cognitive-Behavioural remedy (CBT), Cognitive-Analytic remedy (CAT), Attachment-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Systemic Psychotherapy.
This can be the tale of Annette Morales Rodriguez, a hard-working unmarried mom of 3. it's also the tale of Lara, a psychopathic killer who kidnapped one other woman’s fetus, killing either mom and child. Unbeknownst to Annette, Lara is part of her: a dissociative id, or cut up character, shaped to aid Annette take care of the sexual abuse she persisted as a baby.
The instruction manual of Eyewitness Psychology offers a survey of analysis and criminal critiques from overseas specialists at the speedily increasing medical literature addressing the accuracy and barriers of eyewitnesses as a resource of facts for the courts. For the 1st time, vast studies of things influencing witnesses of every age – kids, adults, and the aged – are compiled in one pair of volumes.
This critique explodes the stereotypical assumption that males are extra companies than ladies to aggression A cogent and holistic overview of the theoretical positions and learn relating girl aggression Examines the therapy, punishment and group reaction to girl competitive habit Examines subject matters together with sexual energy, serial homicide and the evolution of gendered aggression Treats woman aggression in its personal correct instead of as a counterpart to male violence
- Forensic Psychology: Concepts, Debates and Practice
- Evaluating Sex Offenders: A Manual for Civil Commitments and Beyond
- The 10-Step Method of Stress Relief: Decoding the Meaning and Significance of Stress
- Handbook of Psychology in Legal Contexts
- Treating the Juvenile Offender
Additional resources for Analyzing Criminal Minds: Forensic Investigative Science for the 21st Century (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution)
Analyzing Criminal Minds: Forensic Investigative Science for the 21st Century (Brain, Behavior, and Evolution) by Don Jacobs