By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity contains a variety of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures awarded each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. added by means of eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they conceal a large spectrum of matters in physics, chemistry, lifestyles technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This unique memorial lecture sequence was once inaugurated by means of the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a global symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's delivery. when you consider that Einstein's pursuits, actions and impression weren't constrained to theoretical physics yet spanned extensive fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it was once felt that those memorial lectures may be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic provide to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless power from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular info towards Self-Organization and intricate subject (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, surroundings, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: background and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African reports, college of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Best general physics books
Considering the fact that its inception in 1966, the sequence of numbered volumes often called Semiconductors and Semimetals has wonderful itself in the course of the cautious collection of famous authors, editors, and individuals. The Willardson and Beer sequence, because it is well known, has succeeded in generating quite a few landmark volumes and chapters.
This quantity involves a variety of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures provided every year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. added through eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they hide a huge spectrum of topics in physics, chemistry, existence technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social concerns.
Physics by means of instance includes 2 hundred difficulties from quite a lot of key subject matters, in addition to specific, step by step options. by means of guiding the reader via conscientiously selected examples, this booklet may help to increase ability in manipulating actual innovations. themes handled comprise: statistical research, classical mechanics, gravitation and orbits, specified relativity, easy quantum physics, oscillations and waves, optics, electromagnetism, electrical circuits, and thermodynamics.
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Physik - Didaktik, word: 1,7, Universität Koblenz-Landau, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Motiviert durch die internationalen Vergleichsstudien, in denen deutschen Schülerinnen und Schülern schlechte Werte bezüglich der Fachinhalte bescheinigt werden, wird in dieser Arbeit das Lehrerhandeln während offener experimenteller Unterrichtssituationen im Physikunterricht erfasst.
- High School Physics Unlocked: Your Key to Understanding and Mastering Complex Physics Concepts (High School Subject Review)
- Einstein's Theory of Relativity
- Uncertainty, Calibration and Probability: The Statistics of Scientific and Industrial Measurement (Series in Measurement Science and Technology)
- Applied Physics for Engineers
- Physics with Answers: 500 Problems and Solutions
- Defects in Semiconductors (Semiconductors and Semimetals)
Additional resources for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam