By Antony Augoustakis,Ariana Traill
• The first accomplished number of essays on Terence in English, through best students within the field
• Covers various subject matters, together with either conventional and sleek matters of gender, race, and reception
• Features a wide-ranging yet interconnected sequence of essays that provide new views in reading Terence
• Includes an creation discussing the lifetime of Terence, its influence on next experiences of the poet, and the query of his ethnicity
Read Online or Download A Companion to Terence (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that girls exercised monetary autonomy basically in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once now not the manager determinant of women's financial actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a miles better volume than formerly well-known.
What value does the voice or projected personality during which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the that means of that textual content? This quantity explores the personality of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from a number of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, severe dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with lots of the issues which lie on the leading edge of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Legendary Rome
- Die Hohenzollern: Band 2: Dynastie im säkularen Wandel. Von 1740 bis in das 20. Jahrhundert (Urban-Taschenbücher) (German Edition)
- The Performance of Self: Ritual, Clothing, and Identity During the Hundred Years War: Ritual, Clothing and Identity During the Hundred Years War (The Middle Ages Series)
- Medieval Andalusian Courtly Culture in the Mediterranean: Hadîth Bayâd wa Riyâd (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Literatures)
- Pliny the Elder's Natural History: The Empire in the Encyclopedia
- Greek Tragedy: Volume 7 (Routledge Classics)
Extra info for A Companion to Terence (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Terence (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Antony Augoustakis,Ariana Traill