By Peter E. Knox
- Features greater than 30 newly commissioned chapters through famous students writing of their components of specialization
- Illuminates quite a few facets of Ovid's paintings, akin to construction, style, and style
- Presents interpretive essays on key poems and collections of poems
- Includes targeted discussions of Ovid's basic literary impacts and his reception in English literature
- Provides a chronology of key literary and historic occasions in the course of Ovid's lifetime
Read or Download A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the frequent view that girls exercised monetary autonomy simply in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once now not the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that girls controlled their very own wealth to a much larger volume than formerly well-known.
What importance does the voice or projected personality within which a textual content is written have for our knowing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to past due antiquity, bearing in mind either Latin and Greek authors from a number of disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: reviews in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, excessive dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with lots of the themes which lie on the leading edge of contemporary scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri: Volume 3: Paradiso
- The Closure of Space in Roman Poetics: Empire's Inward Turn (The W. B. Stanford Memorial Lectures)
- PostScript to the Middle Ages: Teaching Medieval Studies Through Umberto Eco's the Name of the Rose
- Cultivating the Heart: Feeling and Emotion in Twelfth- and Thirteenth-Century Religious Texts (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages)
- An Introduction to Medieval English Literature: 1300-1485
- Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien
Extra resources for A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Peter E. Knox