By Peter Brown
Read Online or Download A Companion to Chaucer (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Opposite to the common view that girls exercised financial autonomy in basic terms in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital prestige was once no longer the manager determinant of women's monetary actions within the mid-fourteenth century and that ladies controlled their very own wealth to a much better quantity than formerly well-known.
What importance does the voice or projected character within which a textual content is written have for our realizing of the which means of that textual content? This quantity explores the character of the writer in antiquity, from Homer to overdue antiquity, considering either Latin and Greek authors from quite a number disciplines.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Plautine tendencies: experiences in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, extreme dialogue on Plautine drama and have interaction with lots of the issues which lie on the leading edge of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
- Marriage, Property, and Women's Narratives (The New Middle Ages)
- The Cambridge Introduction to the Old Norse-Icelandic Saga (Cambridge Introductions to Literature)
- A Commentary on The Complete Greek Tragedies. Aeschylus: Aeschylus v. 1
- The Trophies of the Martyrs: An Art Historical Study of Early Christian Silver Reliquaries (Oxford Studies in Byzantium)
- Roman Satire and the Old Comic Tradition
- Envisaging Heaven in the Middle Ages (Routledge Studies in Medieval Religion and Culture)
Additional info for A Companion to Chaucer (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Chaucer (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Peter Brown